The stamp set Rue Des Fleurs isn’t really something I would normally purchase, but I stepped out of my comfort zone and have fallen in love with it. This is another set from Stampin’ Up!’s Occasions Mini Catalog that I hope will return in the big catalog coming on June 1st.
Here is the how-to:
- I started with a card base of Soft Suede card stock. I added a piece of Attic Boutique Designer Series Paper cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″.
- Our beautiful Paper Doily Large Sizzlits Die was next, cut from Soft Suede card stock. One of the tricks in using the Paper Doily through the Big Shot is to take it nice and slow as you move it through the machine. Every Big Shot is a little different, and this die seems to work best in my machine using Tab 1 with a shim of scrap card stock. I attached the doily to the card using the 2-Way Glue Pen.
- I next cut Very Vanilla card stock using the Big Shot 3″ Circle Die. I stamped the parasol in Soft Suede on the circle, coloring in portions of the parasol with the Pool Party, Crumb Cake and Daffodil Delight markers. I sponged the edges of the circle with Soft Suede ink.
- Just for a little bit of bling, I took my 2-Way Glue Pen and added glue on the very bottom fringe of the parasol and sprinkled Aqua Glitter over it. It doesn’t show up well in the scan, but it added that little bit of something I was looking for. The whole piece was attached on top of the doily using Dimensionals.
- Finally, a So Saffron Taffeta Ribbon was added using Mini Glue Dots.
Remember, you only have until April 30th to purchase the items in this fabulous mini catalog. Don’t wait too long! Hope you enjoyed the card.