I can’t believe that April is over, and that means the Occasions Mini Catalog and the Summer Smooches Sneak Peek is coming to an end. I’m hoping that several of my favorite stamp sets from the mini will make it into the new catalog, but you can never be sure. So here is another card using the Rue Des Fleurs stamp set and the Adorning Accents Edgelits and the Adorning Edgelits Embossing Folder. The photo doesn’t do this simple card justice.
- First, let me show you a little trick when you are using the Adorning Accents Edgelits. I attached a piece of our Grid Paper to the back of a Big Shot cutting plate using the Big Shot Mulitpurpose Adhesive Sheets.
- I no longer have to guess where to line up my Edgelits and I always have a straight cut. I laid my scored Whisper White card base on the cutting plate, lining up the edge with one of the grid lines. I then took a post-it note and temporarily held it in place. (My post-its are old cut-up fax post-its. That’s why they look a little odd!)
- Next I positioned my Edgelit, once again lining it up with the grid lines. I added a couple more post-its to hold down my Edgelit so it won’t move when I place the second cutting plate on top. This all goes on the Multipurpose Platform on top of Tab 2.
- I keep my Edgelits in one of our CD cases with a magnet sheet inside. Here is my cut card.
- The Adorning Accents Embossing Folder comes next, lining up the edge of the card stock with the embossing folder.
- Out comes the Basic Black Classic ink pad and a quick stamp of “Thanks” and the fountain pen.
- Finally, the bling — one Jewel Rhinestone added to the tip of the “Thanks.”
See you in May!