Well, you saw the graduation card I made for a guy. Now let me show you the same card that I made for the gals! I pulled out my Owl Builder Punch (he’s such a cute little guy) and got to work.
Here is the how-to:
- Once again, I started out with an 8-1/2 x 11 piece of Real Red card stock, scored at 4″ and 8″. I added a diagonally cut piece of Brights Designer Series Paper in Real Red.
- Next came a strip of Basic Black card stock. Then came the strip of Whisper White card stock with the ends cut in a ribbon style. I embossed the “congratulations” with Basic Black Embossing Powder. The stamp was from a retired set called Well Scripted. I put a slight curve on this piece to add some dimension to the card and give it a more ribbon-like appearance. Then I added the two small hearts.
- Now comes the fun part! I used my Owl Builder Punch and punched my owl out using Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock. Together he went.
- I looked through my stamp sets and found a small graduation cap in the retired stamp set Sock Monkey Accessories. I stamped this on Basic Black card stock and cut it out, adding a red brad from the Brights Brad collection, with some retired red ribbon wrapped around the brad. I think he’s darling!
- My graduation owl was adhered on a square of Basic Gray card stock using Dimensionals. This was placed on a larger square of Basic Black card stock, and the whole piece placed on the card with Dimensionals again.
- For the inside, I added a few more hearts and used the Oval Punch to make my window.
- There was a notecard added with our personal congrats (blanked out) and a few more hearts.
Hope you like this grad card!