I had fun trying out one of my new stamps sets — Happy Hour. This is a really versatile set.
It seemed to be a perfect fit for the following Sketch Challenge. Here is the sketch.
And here is my answer to the challenge!
- I started with a Real Red card stock base and ran it through the retired Snowburst Embossing Folder.
- I stamped the glass in Soft Suede on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla card stock. I used my Real Red marker and the Gumball Green marker on the holly stamp, stamping again on the scrap card stock. The candy cane was stamped with Real Red ink, of course. I cut out all three stamped images.
- I attached the holly to the glass with a Mini Glue Dot. Then I inserted a Real Red Brad for the holly berry from our Brights brad collection. I cut a small slit in the glass with my hobby blade and inserted the candy cane. The whole thing was attached with Dimensionals to the Gumball Green card stock that I punched with the Scallop Square Punch.
- I stamped the greeting in Soft Suede near the bottom of my piece of Very Vanilla card stock.
- Next came the retired Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series Paper. Once again, even though it’s retired, it’s still great Stampin’ Up! stuff! I attached the Very Vanilla card stock with the greeting to the Designer Series Paper and ran a 5/8″ Real Red Satin Ribbon around both pieces.
- The Green Gumball Scallop Square was attached to the greeting-stamped Very Vanilla card stock using Dimensionals, and then the entire piece was attached to the card base. Whenever I attach something to an embossed piece, I like to use the Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I think this gives the best bond.
Well, that’s all, folks. Hope you enjoyed this bit of Christmas Cheer!