In honor of National Ice Cream Day, July 15, I pulled out my retired Sweet Scoops stamp set and went to work!
Here is my quick how-to:
- I started off with a Soft Suede card base. I added a layer of Very Vanilla card stock, after running it through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder.
- I stamped the ice cream scoops in VersaMark on Pretty In Pink, Very Vanilla, and Chocolate Chip card stock, embossing them with Clear Embossing Powder. I cut out each one.
- I ran Crumb Cake card stock through the Big Shot using the Labels Framelits – the third smallest size. (Just a tip: I numbered my Labels Framelits using a Sharpie. This makes it easier to remember which size I used.)
- Next I ran the Raspberry Ripple card stock through using the fourth smallest size of Labels Framelits.
- I stamped the cone in Versamark on the Crumb Cake card stock and, again, embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder. Then I layered the ice cream scoops on my cone.
- I simply had to use my Red Glimmer paper for the cherry. I punched it out using the Cupcake Builder Punch and attached it to the top with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Everything got layered as you see, and then I turned to the greeting. I stamped “Have a sweet celebration!” in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla card stock, layering it on Soft Suede. I gave a trim to the ends and then added the Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin Ribbon to those ends. The greeting was attached to the card with Dimensionals.
Sweet Scoops ($11) is one of my retired sets that is available for purchase.
Keep cool this week!