Our Ornament Punch is a wonderful punch to use at Christmas, but there are so many talented ladies out there who have developed new ways to use this punch. The following card was CASE’d from CAKath on Splitcoaststampers. I have had it in my file forever and thought this was a perfect add-in to an order from a customer who purchased the Ornament Punch this month.
Here is how I did it:
- First, I stamped my ornament in Calypso Coral using the Delightful Decorations stamp set. I went looking through my punches to see what I could use for fins when I saw the Elegant Butterfly punch. The wings were perfect for fins after doing a little bit of trimming. I punched them from Calypso Coral card stock and attached them to my “fish”.
- I added a 1/2″ Circle Punch of Whisper White, and a 1/4″ Circle Punch (now retired) of Basic Black to make my eye. I also punched a few more Whisper White circles for the bubbles at the same time. I drew the smile on with my Basic Black marker.
- My card base is Pool Party, and I ran some Lucky Limeade through the Tasteful Trim die to add to the card.
- The Island Indigo In Colors Designer Series Paper was added to Basic Black card stock and adhered to my card. The fish was added using Dimensionals and the bubbles added using Mini Glue Dots.
- Finally I pulled out my A Round Array stamp set and stamped “You make me smile” in Island Indigo, punching it out with the 7’8″ Scallop Circle Punch and layering it on a 1″ Circle. It was attached to the card with Mini Glue Dots also.
Keep Thinkin’ Inkin’!