Sorry I have been missing in action for the last week. I was diligently working on the projects for my 10-15-20 Camp using the retiring stamp sets and accessories. Everyone who attended left with 10 cards, a little gift and, of course, the new 2012-2013 Stampin’ Up! catalog.
Catalogs have been set aside for those of you who have spent $50 with me in product sales over the last year, either on-line or locally. These catalogs will be available for you to pick up on June 1st or anytime thereafter or at my Open House on June 9th. I know you’ll love some of the new Big Shot items, stamp sets and accessories in this catalog.
I created this card using some of our new In Colors this year: They are Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple and Summer Starfruit.
Here is the how-to:
- Out came the 1″ Circle Punch, and I punched a circle from each of the new In Colors. I attached them to Whisper White card stock punched with our Postage Stamp Punch.
- I stamped “wish big” from the Pennant Parade stamp set in the new Midnight Muse ink. These ink pads are really juicy, and I’ve found the best way to use them is to place your stamp on the table, rubber side up, and lightly tap the open ink pad on your stamp. No globbing or catching corners of your stamp this way. Of course, after stamping, I then punched it out with the Postage Stamp Punch.
- Next I ran Soft Suede card stock through the Big Shot using the Houndstooth Embossing Folder.
- More Midnight Muse card stock came out of the pack. I’m not sure you can see it clearly on the photo, but I punched along the edge of the card stock using just one side of the Postage Stamp Punch. Easy and it gives it a little bit neater look.
- I attached some retiring 1/8″ Whisper White Ribbon to the Midnight Muse card stock. There is some gorgeous 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon in the new catalog that would work great here.
- I adhered the Midnight Muse piece to the Crumb Cake card base and then layered the Soft Suede piece on that. Next came my postage stamps, attached to the card using Dimensionals.
- And you know I always need a little extra. Out came my Bitty Buttons and I attached them to the In Color circles using Mini Glue Dots.
You can see the new In Colors in person at my Open House on June 9th. Drop in anytime between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. There will be hourly raffle drawings and fun Make-n-Takes. Hope to see you then!