Time to play with some retired and new product. Hope you enjoy this simple card.
Here we go:
- Start with a Soft Suede card base, layered with the retired Tea for Two Designer Series Paper.
- I stamped “For You’ from the A Round Array stamp set with Old Olive ink and punched the image out with the 7/8” Scallop Circle Punch.
- I cut Crumb Cake card stock using the Deco Label Framelits. I layered another piece of Tea for Two Designer Series Paper on it after punching it out with the 1-3/4″ Scallop Circle.
- I ran a retired Soda Pop Top through the Big Shot to flatten it and attached a punched 1″ Circle from So Saffron card stock to it. I then put it on my Deco Label piece.
- I used a Dimensional to put my “For You” on my Soda Pop Top.
- I cut the ends of some retired ribbon and placed it on the card base and then added my layered Deco Label piece.
Keep Thinkin’ Inkin’!
Our Ornament Punch is a wonderful punch to use at Christmas, but there are so many talented ladies out there who have developed new ways to use this punch. The following card was CASE’d from CAKath on Splitcoaststampers. I have had it in my file forever and thought this was a perfect add-in to an order from a customer who purchased the Ornament Punch this month.
Here is how I did it:
- First, I stamped my ornament in Calypso Coral using the Delightful Decorations stamp set. I went looking through my punches to see what I could use for fins when I saw the Elegant Butterfly punch. The wings were perfect for fins after doing a little bit of trimming. I punched them from Calypso Coral card stock and attached them to my “fish”.
- I added a 1/2″ Circle Punch of Whisper White, and a 1/4″ Circle Punch (now retired) of Basic Black to make my eye. I also punched a few more Whisper White circles for the bubbles at the same time. I drew the smile on with my Basic Black marker.
- My card base is Pool Party, and I ran some Lucky Limeade through the Tasteful Trim die to add to the card.
- The Island Indigo In Colors Designer Series Paper was added to Basic Black card stock and adhered to my card. The fish was added using Dimensionals and the bubbles added using Mini Glue Dots.
- Finally I pulled out my A Round Array stamp set and stamped “You make me smile” in Island Indigo, punching it out with the 7’8″ Scallop Circle Punch and layering it on a 1″ Circle. It was attached to the card with Mini Glue Dots also.
Keep Thinkin’ Inkin’!
I saw this card on StamperDog and thought it was a definite CASE (Copy and Share Everything) card. I changed some colors and added a few things. This card will be going in the product order bag of one of my gals who ordered the A Round Array stamp set.
Here we go:
- I started with the Whisper White card base. I ran a piece of Lucky Limeade (soon to be retired) card stock through the Honeycomb Embossing Folder using the Big Shot. I attached a piece of Lucky Limeade In Colors Designer Series Paper to the bottom and attached this to my card.
- I took a strip of Island Indigo and Daffodil Delight card stock and cut the ribbon ends. I then ran them through the Stripes Embossing Folder and placed them on my card.
- Next came a piece of the Brights Designer Series Paper in Daffodil Delight. I punched my butterflies from the paper using the Bitty Butterfly and Elegant Butterfly punches. I popped them on the card using Mini Glue Dots and added a Basic Pearl to each butterfly.
- Finally I stamped the Thank You from the A Round Array set in Island Indigo and punched it out with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch. It was added on using a Dimensional.
Just a reminder that many of your favorite accessories, stamp sets and colors will be retiring within the next month. As soon as I have the list, I will let you know. The items on the list go fast and are available only on a “while supplies last” basis from Stampin’ Up!. Make sure you are on my e-mail list so I can keep you updated. Also, many of my personal retiring items from years gone by will be available for sale as I do a major spring cleaning. Keep Thinkin’ Inkin’!
How about a pre-sneak preview of a stamp set from the 2013-2014 annual catalog? The stamp set is called A Round Array. It’s available in a bundle with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle punch for a 15% discount. If you already have the punch, you can buy A Round Array separately. It is available for pre-sale in Clear Mount only through May 30th. Wood mount will be available once our annual catalog is released in June.
Click on Spring is in the Air! for all of the details.
By the way, I added a new page to my blog. Since Stampin’ Up! is coming out with new things almost weekly, I know it’s hard to keep up. I added the Stampin’ Up! Current Specials tab so you have a place for a quick look at everything that’s new. You can always still search my blog by using the Stampin’ Up! Specials category to see every blog post dealing with these specials.