I was skimming through my CardMaker magazine and saw a card that would totally work with Betsy’s Blossoms. Here it is!
I stamped my leaves in Lucky Limeade on a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White card stock. I stamped my sentiment in Melon Mambo using the Sale-a-bration set of Bloomin’ Marvelous. This got layered on my Lucky Limeade card base. I stamped my main image in Melon Mambo on a 3″ square piece of Whisper White card stock. I then cut it in quarters. I placed it on a 3-1/4″ square of Tempting Turquoise card stock. It went on my card next. I added the In Color Dahlia in the middle of my image. I finally stamped my butterfly from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set in Tempting Turquoise and punched it out with the Bitty Butterfly punch. It went on using Dimensionals. Fun and easy!
Keep Thinkin’ Inkin’!
I saw this card on StamperDog and thought it was a definite CASE (Copy and Share Everything) card. I changed some colors and added a few things. This card will be going in the product order bag of one of my gals who ordered the A Round Array stamp set.
Here we go:
- I started with the Whisper White card base. I ran a piece of Lucky Limeade (soon to be retired) card stock through the Honeycomb Embossing Folder using the Big Shot. I attached a piece of Lucky Limeade In Colors Designer Series Paper to the bottom and attached this to my card.
- I took a strip of Island Indigo and Daffodil Delight card stock and cut the ribbon ends. I then ran them through the Stripes Embossing Folder and placed them on my card.
- Next came a piece of the Brights Designer Series Paper in Daffodil Delight. I punched my butterflies from the paper using the Bitty Butterfly and Elegant Butterfly punches. I popped them on the card using Mini Glue Dots and added a Basic Pearl to each butterfly.
- Finally I stamped the Thank You from the A Round Array set in Island Indigo and punched it out with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch. It was added on using a Dimensional.
Just a reminder that many of your favorite accessories, stamp sets and colors will be retiring within the next month. As soon as I have the list, I will let you know. The items on the list go fast and are available only on a “while supplies last” basis from Stampin’ Up!. Make sure you are on my e-mail list so I can keep you updated. Also, many of my personal retiring items from years gone by will be available for sale as I do a major spring cleaning. Keep Thinkin’ Inkin’!
This is a fun quilting card I made using a tutorial from the website of Splitcoaststampers. You can find all of the instructions for this card here.
I used the retired paper Everyday Enchantment from last year’s Sale-a-bration. Of course, this works with any of our Designer Series Paper. What I like best is that I didn’t have to figure out what colors coordinated. Stampin’ Up! did this for me. I used two designs from the paper, and then I coordinated it with Pool Party, Calypso Coral and Soft Suede card stock. Once my quilt was completed, I used the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder that was carried over from the Holiday Mini Catalog. I also used the ribbon from this year’s Sale-a-bration catalog — the Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack. The greeting came from the Create a Cupcake stamp set, and I used the Scallop Oval and the Large Oval Punch, along with the Scallop Edge Border Punch. The butterfly was punched with the Bitty Butterfly Punch from the 25th Anniversary Spring Catalog.
Let me give you a couple of tips if you try this tutorial from Splitcoaststampers.
- First, I cut a piece of 3-3/4″ Whisper White card stock to place my 3/4″ squares on, since I knew I would be running my finished product through an embossing folder.
- I would also suggest that you start in one corner and build up and out from there. If your squares are a little off, it won’t make quite as much of a difference since you can easily trim any side that has extra space.
Try it! You’ll like it!