At my Open House last month, we made this card using the Hardwood stamp set from the Celebrate the Everyday catalog, along with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder that is available through our Sale-a-bration catalog.
- Card stock: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Whisper White Craft, Early Espresso
- Stamp Sets: Hardwood, Banner Greetings
- Accessories: Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, 1-Inch Circle Punch, Daisies #2 Big Shot Die (Retired), Hemp Twine (Retired), 7/16″ Natural Trim, White Embossing Powder
Keep Thinkin’ Inkin’!
Well, I had to wait until after Mother’s Day to post my card. I CASE’d this card from another wonderful demonstrator. (Sorry I can’t give credit for the design to the original demo. I simply couldn’t find who it was.) I modified her design to work with my colors and the Big Shot dies I own. I used the Daisies #2 die on this card, which is on the Retiring Accessories List. It’s still one of my favorites for flowers!
Here is the how-to:
- I pulled out the River Rock card stock for my card base.
- Next came the Neutrals Designer Series Paper. It’s hard to see in the photo, but I used the Very Vanilla Designer Paper for the circle and the tag. I used the Big Shot with the 3-1/2″ Circle die, cutting the circle in half.
- The Scallop Circle Bigz die was used with Early Espresso card stock for the scallop circle, also cutting it in half to be attached to the card base.
- I stamped “Happy Mother’s Day” in Early Espresso on the Very Vanilla Designer Paper and placed it on Always Artichoke card stock.
- Now comes the fun stuff. I cut the daisies from Cherry Cobbler card stock. I cut two of the middle sized daisies and one of the smaller ones from the die. I then placed an Antique brad through the middle of the flower.
- I used the Bird Builder Punch for the leaves/stems, punching it out from Always Artichoke card stock.
- Finally, after everything else is attached to the card, I attached the flower using the retired Jumbo Pop-up Glue Dots.
Hope you enjoyed!