I have fallen in love with the Betsy’s Blossoms stamp set. This is a new set in the 2012-2013 Annual Catalog. At my Open House, we made a card using this stamp set. I also made several other cards as samples of this set’s versatility, with the help of my wonderful downline, Dawn.
I played with the new Foam Ink Pads in the 2012-2014 In Colors. These pads are fabulous and really juicy. You definitely need a light touch when using our new pads. I think Dawn came up with the design for this card, using the Floral District Designer Series Paper. Since my ability to match colors is extremely limited, I’m always dependent on Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Series Paper to help me with color combos when Dawn or my daughter aren’t available!
Here is the how-to:
- I started with a card base of Summer Starfruit card stock. I next layered two pieces of the Floral District Designer Series Paper on Rich Razzleberry card stock and placed them as shown on the card base.
- I stamped the leaves in Gumball Green on Whisper White cardstock. The bird was stamped on a scrap piece of card stock in Rich Razzleberry ink and cut out.
- I also stamped the three flowers in Summer Starfruit three times on scrap card stock and punched the largest of the three flowers out using the 1/2″ Circle Punch.
- Our So Saffron brads from the Subtles collection worked perfectly with the Summer Starfruit, and they were inserted in the middle of the flowers.
- Both the bird and the flowers were attached to the stamped leaf card stock using Dimensionals, and my greeting was stamped in Rich Razzleberry and placed as shown. This entire piece was then placed on Gumball Green card stock and attached to the card, also using Dimensionals.
A simple, quick and fun card for any occasion. Enjoy!