Wow! I played with some of the items from the Holiday Catalog that as a demonstrator I can pre-order. I’ve heard from a few of you saying you have received your catalogs. Don’t you love all of the new ideas and fun toys? The catalog will go on-line on August 1st and that will be the first day the catalog items will be available for purchase.
I had a couple of card challenges that I was involved in this week, and this was one of the resulting cards.
Here is the how-to:
- I started with a card base of Real Red card stock. Out came Jolly Bingo Bits (pg. 22 of the Annual Catalog.) I took the snowflake and stamped it on the bottom of my card base in Versamark and embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder. I lined up the snowflakes first using my Stamp-a-ma-jig.
- I next did some layering. I started with the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (the Real Red dots) and attached a strip of Gumball Green card stock.
- I then stamped “christmas cheer” from the Sweet Essentials stamp set (pg. 140) in Basic Black on Whisper White card stock. This piece was cut a little shorter than the other pieces. I adhered it to the Summer Smooches paper.
- Out came my Scallop Trim Border Punch, and I punched the border on another piece of Gumball Green card stock, attaching this to the “christmas cheer” piece.
- I trimmed the end of my Whisper White card stock giving it that ribbon look. This entire layered piece was then attached to my card base.
- I ran a piece of Whisper White card stock with the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet attached to it through the Big Shot using the Snow Flurry die from the Holiday Catalog. I peeled off the top of the adhesive sheet and poured Dazzling Diamonds Glitter over the snowflake. (My scan doesn’t show the sparkle very well, but it’s very bling-y!)
- The Brights Glimmer Brad (red) went through the middle of the snowflake, and I attached the snowflake to the card using Dimensionals.
(TIP: I took a complete sheet of 12×12 Whisper White card stock and attached one whole Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet to it. Now I have an adhesive piece ready for punching or running through the Big Shot whenever I need it.)
Hope you enjoy this little bit of Christmas in July!