I made this quick tag with Stampin’ Up!’s retired stamp set Extreme Elements. We have a new stamp set called Clockworks that would also be a great set to substitute for this retired set.
I stamped the splotches in Crumb Cake on a piece of Whisper White card stock. I then took my Early Espresso stamp pad and dragged the edges of the tag over the pad. The happy birthday came from the Wacky Wishes stamp set and was also stamped in Early Espresso. When this was done, I attached a lottery ticket to the bottom of the tag. Hopefully it’s a big winner!
This was a fun card to make. I took a basic layout from the Stampin’ Up! magazine that demonstrators receive every other month and adapted it to work with the stamp set and embellishments I had. I also got to use a couple of products from both the Sale-a-bration and Spring catalogs.
I started off with an Island Indigo card base. I ran the bottom half of the card through the Big Shot using the Honeycomb Embossing Folder featured in the Spring catalog. I took a piece of the Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper from the Sale-a-bration brochure and attached it to Whisper White card stock. I added some Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon to cover the seam.
I stamped Happy Birthday in Rich Razzleberry ink from the Wacky Wishes stamp set on the Whisper White card stock. The Wacky Wishes stamp set is available as a hostess item. Next came the Adorning Accents Edgelits, run through the Big Shot, on a strip of Rich Razzleberry card stock, and I attached it to the bottom of the Whisper White piece. Then the entire piece was adhered to the card base.
Now comes the fun. I took a small piece of the Sycamore Street paper using two different designs and covered them with Versamark and embossed the entire piece with Clear Embossing Powder. I punched out different areas using the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. I also stamped a flower in Versamark from the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set on Summer Starfruit, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party and Tangerine Tango card stock, embossing them again with Clear Embossing Powder and punching them out. They were attached randomly to the Designer Series Paper on the card.
I took one of the punched paper pieces and attached it to a Bitty Button so the design would show through, and then attached the button to the card.
It was much easier to put together than the printed word shows!